* Finding a man in the woman's restroom. We were both "shocked and slightly embarrassed."
* Falling twice on my scooter; breaking 3 different scooters; finally deciding to bring a bike to school instead. :P
* Eating dinner at the Barrett cafeteria with Josh and Ben and laughing and laughing and laughing
* Throwing kneepads at people while they sing (all for the sake of theater!)
* Having a surprise friend come be a shoulder to cry on one night when life and all this change was getting too overwhelming
So far, college is awesome. I'm still struggling with making friends and really finding a "group," but I'm doing better about not being afraid of people. I'm learning a lot, singing a lot, and discovering a lot about myself.
Like, for instance, the fact that I like food a *lot.* It's kind of a running joke with my friends Josh and Ben that I obsess about food, especially when it comes to the Barrett cafeteria, which is absolutely the most wonderful place to eat on campus. For a while, I kept making food analogies in my Human Event (philosophy/literature/history) class, until everyone started noticing. My group in Human Event is making a short film for our final project, and I am playing the part of Barrett Cafeteria.
I think my recent obsession with food has psychological reasons: as a kid growing up, I always spent a lot of time around the dinner table with my family, laughing and chatting and just generally finding joy in that environment. Now that I'm alone a lot on campus, I can find comfort when I'm eating, because of that link to my childhood.
Haha, or maybe I just like eating.