Two Books I Want to Read:
- The Tipping Point, by Malcolm Gladwell. Sociology is so fascinating, and I'd love to understand the whys behind some cultural trends.
- Jonathan Edward's "Resolutions." Jonathan Edwards is a pretty well-known American revivalist of the 18th century, and when he was a teenager, he came up with a list of statements he desired to exemplify with his life. So God-centered, inspiring, and challenging.
Two New Favorite Bands:
- Ok, she's not really a band, but Ingrid Michaelson has recently caught my attention. Her lyrics are so thoughtful, and her cool sound is relaxing and fresh.
- Again, not really a band, but the Christian rap artist Lecrae has got some pretty chill stuff. Gotta love when a rap artist starts throwing in words like 'election' and 'steward'
Two Words that Describe Life Right Now:
- Culmination: All my childhood years are rushing up together in this one point. I've had a lot of lasts recently - last time singing on my worship team at church, last time volunteering at Pennington, last piano lesson, etc. It's been a fantastic time growing up, but it's a little weird to leave it behind.
- Preparation: At the same time, I have so much to look forward to in the future, with Germany and ASU and adult life.
Two Things I Should Be Doing:
- Cleaning the bathroom
(see why I'm not?)
Two Things I Will Be Doing
- Studying :D
- I'm going to a play tonight at a local Christian high school! Yay!
Two Things That Made Me Smile:
- I bought my stage makeup! Cream foundation and Victorian Rose blush... all für mich!
- I spent the afternoon with my lovely mom and we laughed so hard. I love her.
Two Other Blogs You Should Check Out:
- girltalkhome.com: It's a fun blog for women, with convicting theology too.
- ladydurerscanvas.blogspot.com: My fantastic friend and her poetical musings. She has such a way with words!